Standard of living
Taber offers the affordability, charm and security of a small community as well as an abundance of recreational facilities for people and families of all ages.
In terms of housing, their residents have a wide variety of options to consider. Choose a heritage-rich home in a developed neighbourhood or select modern architectural styling in one of Taber's newer planned communities. For people who prefer to rent, there are also affordable single-family dwellings to condos and apartment complexes to choose from. Housing prices and property taxes are significantly lower in Taber than comparable communities in the rest of the country.
Taber also has many exciting job, career and business opportunities in a number of sectors as well as great neighbourhoods, and education and health care facilities that are second to none.
Other facts about our standard of living include:
- easy access to major markets, including Lethbridge, Medicine Hat, Calgary and the United States
- a town council that embraces families and supports a lifestyle where everyone can flourish
- a younger population, with a median age of 37.7 years
- an educated, skilled and motivated workforce
- a vibrant immigrant population that is empowered by programs to assist in the development of educational, language and workforce skills
For more detailed information on our standard of living, visit our Alberta First profile.