2017 Southwest Service and Tourism Awards
Posted Oct 06, 2017
We are very pleased to share that a number of Taber businesses and the Taber and District Chamber of Commerce were nominated for the 2017 Southwest Service and Tourism Awards! The awards recognize outstanding customer service in the southwestern region of Alberta, paying tribute to those in the tourism, hospitality, and service industries. There are 20 categories to nominate businesses, employees, attractions, events and marketing campaigns.
This year there was a total of seven nominations received for businesses within the Town or Taber:
- The Mediterranean Grill – Restaurant of the Year
- Christopher Nguyen of Com & Eat Mobile Concession & Catering – Outstanding Food & Beverage Employee
- Com & Eat Mobile Concession & Catering – Restaurant of the Year
- Econolodge Taber – Hotel/Motel of the Year
- Taber Chamber of Commerce – Outstanding Visitor Information Services
- Taber Cornfest – Festival & Event of the Year
- Taste of Taber App (Taber Chamber) – Tourism Marketing Innovation
We are proud to have our local businesses nominated for these awards. A nomination alone goes a long way to show how great the people of Taber are at running their businesses, serving their customers, hosting events, and being innovative in marketing. It is a big accomplishment just to be recognized by visitors and residents of our area for the outstanding services provided as praise is not always given lightly. Surly, the recognition alone means a lot to each of the businesses and the Taber Chamber as somebody took the time to notice their efforts.
We are very excited to announce that the Mediterranean Grill took home the award for Restaurant of the Year. If you have been to the Med. Grill before you know they go the extra mile to make each visitor feel welcome and appreciated. If you have not been to this restaurant, you simply must try them out and see what all the fuss is about! Congratulations Mediterranean Grill, this is a well deserved award!